Assisted Living Communities and Independent Living – Senior Care Options in Florida
How do I know when my family member or loved one needs an assisted living community?
What is assisted living or an assisted living community, and how does it compare to an independent living community? For seniors who need extra assistance with the activities of daily living, a service called assisted living can help. Our communities offer assisted-living facilities in Florida to support seniors with daily living tasks such as:
- Assistance with bathing or showering, dressing, getting in and out of bed or a chair, eating, walking or using the bathroom
- Medication management for those who have difficulty organizing or remembering
- Assurance of nurses and nursing aides available to support when needed
They can also enjoy the benefits of living at a Life Plan Community, also known as a Continuing Care Retirement Community, with a full continuum of care and priority access to supportive services like skilled nursing care, therapy and rehabilitation and pharmacy services.
Whether you’re looking for assisted living in St. Petersburg, an assisted-living facility in Jacksonville or a senior retirement community in Orlando, we can help you find the community that is right for you.
Get the Facts: Learn All About Assisted Living vs. Independent Living
Are you wondering:
What is the difference between independent living and assisted living? What is assisted living, anyway? How much does assisted living cost? What about Medicare assisted living payments? How do you find an assisted-living facility?
Learn more with our free electronic guide – no commitment required!
Services included with assisted living
For residents who choose one of our assisted living communities in Bradenton, Jacksonville, Orlando, St. Augustine, St. Petersburg, Tallahassee or Winter Park, a variety of life-enriching services are included in the monthly fee. For example:
- Delicious and nutritious meals served restaurant-style for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Maintenance-free living with full home maintenance included
- All utilities, such as electricity, water, trash and basic cable
- Weekly housekeeping and laundry and linens service
- Scheduled transportation to doctor’s appointments, activities and errands like grocery shopping
In addition, residents enjoy all of the benefits of living at a Life Plan Community, such as amenities like a Fitness Center on campus, a life-enriching personal well-being program, and the assurance of knowing that a full continuum of care and priority access to supportive services are available to them.
A full continuum of care at a Life Plan Community
When assisted living is offered as a service within a Life Plan Community, otherwise known as a Continuing Care Retirement Community, residents gain the assurance of having a plan for the rest of their lives.
A Life Plan Community offers, in addition to assisted living:
- Independent living, for residents who can live independently and wish to enjoy an exciting and active lifestyle and give up home maintenance
- Assisted living, providing extra assistance to residents who need help with the activities of daily living, such as eating, dressing, bathing, using the bathroom
- Memory care, to provide specialized programming and care for those who have Alzheimer’s disease or dementia in a specialized memory care community
- Therapy and rehabilitation, including physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy, to help people get back on their feet and doing the things they love
- Nursing care, whether for a short-term stay after surgery or a hospitalization, or a long-term stay for those who need 24-hour care provided by nurses and certified nursing aides
How much does assisted living cost in Florida?
An important question that you have to consider is how much assisted living costs in Florida, if you or your loved one need an assisted living community. While costs vary greatly between communities and cities, a general range can be anywhere from $3,000 to $10,000 per month for assisted-living facilities.
To learn more about the costs of assisted living in Florida, contact us at
Where can I or my loved one enjoy assisted living in Florida?
Our communities are conveniently located throughout the state. We offer you or your loved ones a choice of assisted living apartments in Bradenton, Jacksonville, Orlando, St. Augustine, St. Petersburg, Tallahassee or Winter Park.
Find a community near you
There’s an assisted living facility, memory care community or skilled nursing facility convenient to you in Florida. Find the community that is nearest you! We’re here to help you and your loved ones.
How do I get help finding an assisted living facility?
We know how difficult it can be to find the community that is right for you. That’s why Senior Care Options in Florida is here to help! Contact us today and someone will try to help you as soon as we can, or you can call us at (888) 431-4383.